Monday, August 9, 2010

Griffin is a little over 2 weeks old.






So our little guy turned 2 weeks old on Friday. I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks. I feel like he's always been around. A couple quick updates about our little guy. He's doing great! He eats like a champ. There is no doubt that this kid is getting enough food. The constant poopy diapers say it all! I know this sounds crazy...but praise God for poopy diapers. It's such a relief to know your child is eating. He also is a very good sleeper. He wakes up about 2 to 3 times a night but then falls right back asleep---so it's not too bad.

As for how the Isai's are handling 2 kids. Pretty good, I guess. I just can't quite seem to get into the groove of a routine that includes, children, housework, errands etc.--I guess that's expected for now. It's only been 2 weeks--but hopefully by the end of August, I'll get into some type of routine.
Charlotte is still doing well with her little brother. When he cries she runs over to him and touches his tummy and says 1 of 4 things..."Don't cry broder", "It's okay", "You hungry?" or "Tickle tickle". It's super cute to see the two of them together. I'm proud of my little girl. She's adjusted very well to her little buddy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A very good report Linda. So happy all is going well with Griffin. Have a great evening.
Odie

Michelle said...

Congrats!

I am glad things are going smoothly and you will indeed fall into a routine pretty quickly!

It is always easier when you are not sleep deprived, of course!

:o)

Love ya!

johnsonandjohnson said...

Boy do I understand your comment about adjusting to the life of two children. It's true, I felt like Kinley had always been a part of our family when I had her. With Emily, I kept her name a secret for so long, it felt so strange saying her name aloud after she was born, but with Kinley I said her name so much, talked about her so much (especially with Emily) that the transition into the family wasn't too bad.

I literally told Brian just this past weekend that I am now feeling a "groove" as a family of four. She'll be seven months old tomorrow and I'm just feeling a groove? That seems crazy to say, but that's what it was for me.

She still is up 2-3 times a night and it's a killer. She's SO MUCH DIFFERENT than Emily. Emily loved sleep. Kinley, nah, she's our little entertainer. I love to be entertained, but I also love my sleep!

Anyway, I know how you are feeling....it's so fun and so beyond tiring at the same time!

Sounds like you are doing great and you look FANTASTIC!