Thursday, January 13, 2011

GREAT IDEA...stollen from a friend

A fellow blogger and friend has this great tradition that she does with her family and I'm totally stealing it!

Every new year...they take all the photo Christmas Cards they get and select one family to pray over for a week. What a terrific way to enjoy the cards all year round! This year, they decided to take it one step further and select one family a month (at random) to invite over for dinner and dessert. WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA! I love love love to have people over --so this is a social bug's dream! Since the hubby's schedule is limited and January is half over (Is that craziness or what???---it's already half over!). I will begin this tradition in February. I also already have some friends coming over the following weekend, who sent me a Christmas card, so techincally we are starting in January.

Those friends/family who do not live in the area will not be left out. They will get a special something in the mail.

Thank you, Michelle, for a wonderful idea. This excites me beyond belief!

Oh just for the record...I can't promise fancy stuff to eat...but it really isn't about the food anyway...now is it? Crock pot here we come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Linda that is a fantastic idea and I am sure you will have a ball with it and bless others at the same time. The thing my wife (Linda) and I decided to do is that we did not exchange Christmas presents but found an older lady at a rest home with no family and treated her with gifts and will be visiting her from time to time and sort of adopting her. I am sure we will be blessed more than she will. Have a great weekend.
Odie