Monday, January 10, 2011

Sweet Charlotte or Miss Attitude--which is it today?

Happy New Year friends!
I hope your 2011 is off to a good start. The Isai's enjoyed a busy but wonderful Christmas and New Year and now we are excited to face the new year and all it's surprises along the way.

My blog title today shares a little of what I endure DAILY with my daughter. Yes, I love her, yes...she cracks me up all the time...but let me create a picture of what last night was like and then what this morning was like.

Last night...
Charlotte: "Mommy, I love you. I hold you (meaning...please hold me)." Then we snuggled and giggled practically all night. When it was time for bed--she cried a little--but didn't really put up a fight.

This morning...
Mommy: "Good Morning, honey."
Charlotte: "Good Morning, mommy!"
Mommy: "Time to get up!"
Charlotte: "Mama! Relax!"
Mommy: (Head about to burst, steam coming out of my ears!)-"Charlotte, do not speak that way to me. You need to be respectful!"

The rest is a blur expect for it took me too too long to get her and Griffin ready because of all the resistance going on. Oh that girl. I could understand the attitude if I woke her up before she was ready, but trust me...she was the one that woke me up---so if anyone should be giving attitude. It's ME!

Why can't all morning be like the other day, when I opened her blinds and as she was squinting she says, "Mommy...it's soooo blight. I need my sunglasses!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

With little ones every day is an adventure. Some are great, some not so great. The price of being a parent.
Odie