Monday, April 21, 2008

The Waiting Kills you...

Hi all,
Today I'm 38 weeks and 2 days---full term. I guess looking back the time did fly by---but I'm glad it did. It seems like at week 36 everything just slowed down! During this count down to D-day there have been a few things that have been just killing me. Without ever experiencing child birth or labor it really is stressful not really knowing what to wait for except "the pain". I mean, everyone tells me you'll just know that it's time but then everyone has such a different experience that it drives me crazy. You hear things like, "my water broke", "my water never broke", "my water gushed out", "Mine was a trickle", "I got the runs right before I went into labor" (nice visual--- I know), "I had really bad period like cramps", "my back killed me" and the list goes on and on. Well, you know what I say---there needs to be some type of invention that not only tells you you're pregnant but that you will deliver on X date at X time. That would definitely take the surprise factor out of things but it would also bring me a little piece of mind. For example, yesterday after church I felt funny. Raresh kept asking---"What does that mean?"---Truth is I couldn't answer. I definitely felt different than I ever have but I wasn't in any pain. I just felt sick. I felt like I was going to throw up but I never did. Then the other weird thing is it would come and go every 15 minutes or so...so naturally I'm thinking---this might be it. WRONG! I think I worked myself up. After lunch and a nap---I seemed to be back to normal (normal...ha...what a crock---I haven't felt normal in months!) Well, later on Raresh and I went walking for an hour---and then I was resltess so I repacked my overnight bag again. Then after I went to bed last night I woke up every hour on the hour with some discomfort---so I'm thinking...is this it? I mean--there was a little pain but how do I know I'm not just a really tough chick that can handle pain better than others. WRONG again--So to make a really long entry short I'm at work today and I feel just fine for now. This waiting and this not knowing is really difficult. I know what you're all thinking---"just relax---she'll be here soon." No kidding---I'm not worried about that---she can't stay in forever---I just am getting anxious because every little twinge of discomfort or pain gets me all excited and crazy. I've already told Raresh I will keep my mouth shut from now on until I'm certain this is it...but he said he wants to know when I feel "funny". So okay buddy---you've got it.

Oh and just a side note---if one more person tells me to walk a lot or that I have or haven't dropped---I'm gonna scream! Just shut it and keep me in your prayers! That's all Mama Linda asks!

Charlotte, honey, Iwould love to tell you you're mommy is not usually like this...but I don't think lying to you would be setting the best example. Love you!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hopefully a few days from now (not May 11th - how mean!), you'll look back and all of the discomfort and anxiety will be a distant memory, and you'll have beautiful little Charlotte at last!

Remember if you need to walk across campus...I'll go with you. After all, it's a safety issue :-)