Monday, June 9, 2008

Thoughts on motherhood 6 weeks in...

6 weeks ago today a very pregnant and anxious Linda became Mama Linda at 1:20am! What a wonderful day that was for us Isais. Since that day life gets only better and better. Everyone tells you---having kids changes everything but it's a good change---well you know what...they were all right! I wouldn't trade my new life and my new little baby for anything in the world. Daddy and I are just nuts about you! Some of my favorite things about motherhood are holding your tiny little body and seeing your big eyes look up at me. I have so many wonderful dreams for you little Charlotte. I imagine you crawling, walking, talking, going to school, driving, getting your first job, falling in love, getting married and having your own kids. It's amazing how quickly time will fly but I am trying to enjoy every moment that I have with you. I can't wait to hear your little voice and the very funny things you will say one day. In fact, the other day it was about 4am and I was feeding you and then I got this thought of how in that very moment you were perfectly happy and content in my arms. You felt safe and protected and you wanted to be there--(mostly cause you were hungry) but one day--you'll be all grown up and you won't even remember to call me. Oh how my heart breaks just thinking of it---but that's how life goes. You're my responsibility right now but one day I'll have to let you go. The beauty of this life is that although---I'll have to let you go and live your own life we can still be close and I hope with all my heart that we will be.

Now on to some of the things I never thought I'd do before I became a mom--(these are in no particular order)

1. Smile with excitement when I see you've pooped! (Hey it's my only way of knowing you're eating enough)

2. Ride in the back seat while Raresh chaufers us around.

3. Go days and weeks without polishing my finger nails.

4. Pump my breastmilk while checking emails. (Guess what I'm doing as I write this entry???)

I'm sure there are many other things I've changed that I don't even realize at the moment but all of it has been the best adventure of my life. I can't wait to see how my life continues to change for the better with each day that passes. Love you little Charlo!

My little Minny Mouse Sound asleep and oh so precious!
I caught you smiling while you're dreaming. (What could you possibly be dreaming about?)
Alert as ever...


1 comment:

Rachel said...

She is getting more and more beautiful with every day!!

You and Raresh are doing a great job!! Little CJ is so very blessed to have the two of you as parents. I can't imagine that she and the rest of her many siblings will all be close to each other and to you two!