Monday, March 9, 2009

While I was away...

I mentioned that I was away on a conference Wed-Fri of last week. Well, I returned and all was just peachy while I was away. Raresh told me that Charlotte was a teriffic sleeper--both nights I was away she slept from 5pm-7am. That's what happens when you don't take a nap during the day. On Saturday morning, Raresh and I both witnessed our little pumpkin crawling. She's been doing the army crawl for months and now she finally got the hang of the traditional crawling. It's so cute. The very next day on Sunday, she was pulling her self up on everything. Last night, when I tried to put her to sleep, she got up and cried until I went back in there to lay her down. Apparently, she knows how to get up but not how to get down. Silly kid. I just can't believe how quickly she went from crawling to standing---okay one day!

Here's a video...

Anyway, I had a wonderful time while I was away but there was nothing as good as coming home to my sweet loving family.

There really is no place like home.

4 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

The crib standing this is pretty annoying: lay baby down, baby rolls over, baby pulls himself up and then there's baby standing shouting/crying out for you!

Dominic's right there also, he pulls up onto everything and then is stuck because he can't get down. He's a daredevil and reaches for stuff, falls gets up and does it again.

Growing up is fun to watch.

Michelle said...

I am so glad you had a chance to get away and enjoy some adult time with a good friend. That is SO vital to the life and sanity and well-being of a woman.

And it usually helps you appreciate your family more when you have been away for a bit. ;o)

It was good to see you Sunday morning - you look fabulous and well rested. Good for you! :o)

johnsonandjohnson said...

It's ALL OVER now!!!! Just kidding! Isn't it so exciting to see them accomplish something new? Yay for sweet Compton, I mean Charlotte!

Anonymous said...

Go Charlotte, go!