Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mr. Mom

So today at 12:00pm I'm going away to Arrowhead for 3 days and 2 nights with work. It's a Leadership and Teambuilding conference/retreat with about 40 other college employees. This will be the first time I'm leaving Charlotte over night. Daddy will be taking charge for the next 3 days. I know Raresh can handle it. He's so hands on and very helpful with Charlotte but I can't help but be a little bummed. She's so little and she's so much fun right now. A 10 month old doesn't forget her mother after 3 days does she? Raresh reassured me it's all going to be okay and that she won't forget me. I asked that he show her pictures of me while I'm gone and he laughed. I'm grateful that he knows her routine. He's not going to have too many surprises because of it.

The only reason I'm looking forward to this trip is because my dearest friend in the entire world Rachel, who also happens to work at Cerritos College, is also going ---and get this...she's my roommate. How fun will that be?---You can bet there will be stories galore, lots of Scrabble matches, and endless laughter. She's the perfect person to go with---because she won't let me get too home sick. Mija--get ready for some serious memory making!

Still---I already miss my little love bug. Charlotte, mommy loves you very much and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with your daddy. Honey--you are so amazing. Thank you for making me feel so comfortable about going. You seriously get the hubby of the year award---AGAIN!

I'll report how things went when I get back, Friday at 4:00pm. Hope we don't get snowed in---cause you can bet that I'll insist they air lift me out!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am so excited!!! I'm so excited!! I'm so...so scared!

Haha...just kidding! That was my best impression of Jessie Spano and it was dead on - if I do say so myself!

And you're right...Raresh is awesome for taking over this weekend! Thanks for bringing the Scrabble but I am a little disappointed you didn't pack the lazy susan! You know how on the Amazing Race application it asks in what way your partner has disappointed you the most - that would be my answer.

Okay...I'm giddy...can you tell! I want to go already!!