Friday, June 4, 2010

Baby Ace's shower

This post is a little old but---it's still important to note.
On May 15th my sisters and Rachel threw me an adorable shower for our little man. The theme was Owls and Outdoors. Ace's nursery theme is called Tree Tops and it basically has owls, foxes, squirrels---a really cute outdoorsy look. In fact, the main colors are brown, tan, and green---I see Ace being able to use his dad's military memorabilia for decorations in his room as he gets older. It's going to be so cute to have Raresh pass on those things to him.
Anyway--the shower.--It was beautiful. It was exactly what I wanted. Here are a few photos from the day to give you an idea on how it went.

Fun gifts!!! Thank you everyone!Yummy cupcakes made by my sister-in-law, Maria. Coconut and Cranberry flavors...YUMMY!!!Before any of you say it...let me...
Nice hooter, Linda! I'm too funny! These were the fans Rachel made to help cool off the guests on the nice warm day.There are no words to express how grateful I am to the Lord for giving me another blessing to carry for 9 months. I know I complain and want it over all the time---but the truth is, it's an amazing gift that I can have children and I don't want to diminish how thankful and estatic I am about baby Ace.
Also, to my family and friends who always give me an endless amount of love and support--You truly make me so happy. If I'm pleasant to be around---it's because you guys make life pleasant!!
Love you all!
Baby Ace, I can't wait for you to officially join the family and meet all the wonderful people in Mommy, Daddy, and Charlotte's life!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Very nice!

Isn't it nice having thoughtful people in your life?

:o)

I am so glad you were honored and the life of your son was celebrated!

Fun theme too!

Unknown said...

I see you are nesting on your blog--new look and color!

Michelle said...

love the new blog look - and the title!

Aranne and Dan said...

I love the new look of the blog to go with the new look of the family...

I also can't tell you how cute I think the theme of the shower (and nursery) is... ADORABLE! I love the outdoors and the owls and I am sure that ACE will too... Congrats again and I can't wait to see some photos!!!