Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nothing major..just checking in.

I don't really have anything to say today or anything new to report other than I'm extremely excited at the thought of getting time off when the baby is born. I know the real work begins then...but in a different way. I won't have to deal with the drive or even getting up and getting ready to be at work by 7am. I'll be up way before that but I'll be in my jammies and the best part is I get to have all this time at home with my entire family. Raresh is taking 1 month off. When I was on maternity leave with Charlotte, Raresh took about 3 months off with me. I look back on those months and remember only the good things. Seriously. Of course, I remember being tired and nervous and second guessing decisions but I also remember taking walks with my family, having breakfast, lunch, and dinner together, enjoying the pool, visiting family members in the middle of the week---stuff like that. It was wonderful. THE BEST TIME IN MY LIFE SO FAR! So naturally, since that's all I have to compare it to, I'm really looking forward to that again. I realize it's going to be a little tricky with a newborn and a toddler, but I'm okay with that. Change is never easy but it's going to be okay.

The verse that I'm clinging to right now is this:
Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

How can I worry about all this change when the Lord is so good in reminding me that He is there and I need to present my requests before him. I've mentioned this before many times, but it's worth mentioning again---I have always been provided for and I know I have no reason to doubt God's care and goodness now.

Thank you Lord for giving me the confidence in this new chapter of life and for always being present in my day.

No comments: