Saturday, October 30, 2010

8 year anniversary





Raresh and I will be celebrating 8 years of marriage on November 2nd! I can't believe it's been 8 years. In 8 years, we've moved 3 times, changed jobs, had 2 beautiful kids and through it all--managed to truly continue to love one another through the good and the bad.

Our church, Kindred Community Church in Anaheim Hills is doing a great series on marriage on Sunday Nights. If you're able to attend, you won't be sorry. In this day and age marriage is viewed as something that is temporary. We see that everywhere we look. People get together and decide to get married and then when the going get tough the tough get going. It's really sad. We work harder at our work relationships and friendships than we do at our own marriages. My favorite word picture that our pastor shared last week was that we need to think of our marriage as a house with all the doors and windows bolted and chained shut. That way if a fire breaks out the couple would put every effort into putting out the fire together rather than running out of the house and letting it burn to the ground. That's a really powerful way of thinking of marriage.

Well...since Raresh works on our actual anniversary--we decided to celebrate a few days early and go out to dinner at The Mission Inn. It was sooooo beautiful. We ate at the main restaurant in their beautiful courtyard! Oh my goodness---it was like a little piece of heaven. The food was AMAZING, the atmosphere beautiful and the company was absolutely the best part of the evening. We had so much fun enjoying our meal without the kids. We actually got to taste our meal. How nice that was. The conversation was so great, too. I even surprised him by bringing all of his letters and cards that he has written to me over the years. We only read the cards and we were ENJOYING it immensely. It's funny how your thoughts change from when you're 18 years old. HYSTERICAL! But also so sweet.

Anyway---I can go on and on...but for now I'll just say that every day with Raresh Isai is a gift and every time another year flies by I get more and more excited that we made it another year and that he still rocks my world.

I love you Raresh!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary and it is so good to read such positive comments about a marriage today. My first marriage lasted 33 years and it sadly had to end. My 3 girls are 26, 36, & 41 this year. My new wife Linda has taught me how to really live life and I have done more exciting stuff with her than I ever imagined I would. I dedicated my "Thankful Thursday" blog to her this week. You can see it at http://odielangley.blogspot.com.
Have a great rest of the weekend.
Odie

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!

Mwaaaw!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! You two look like a glamor couple!