Monday, January 14, 2008

What a good baby I have...

Since this whole blog thing is really supposed to act as my memory book for Charlotte, I figured I better write a little something about how I've been feeling and the joys I've experienced housing my little girl.

The first trimester was your typical one. Very tired and very sick--but it seems like the moment the 2nd trimester hit---things were getting much much better. Other than some back discomfort, occasional heartburn, and my sleep being interruupted by bathroom breaks I'm feeling great!

I think of so many women who have had a horrible pregnancy and I am so grateful that the Lord blessed me with a fairly easy one. Thank you God for my little Charlotte, who up to this point has been a true angel. She's the best little girl EVER! (Charlotte, honey--don't make mommy eat her words okay?)

I also wanted to take this time to thank my mom who must have sacrificed quite a bit with me. I just can't imagine being 40, pregnant, have 3 kids already, planning to leave Romania for the US, and dealing with all that change. Mom--you're a real star and I'm sorry for all the times I haven't been patient with you or I've been snappy and irritated because we don't see eye to eye on things. Now that I know I'm having a girl and the chances of her being like me are 50-50--I really regret some of the things I've said or done to upset you. I love you mom and you're the best!

And I can't go one more minute without giving mad props to my wonderful and amazing husband Raresh! He has been so supportive, patient, loving, helpful, and attentive. He has been quite the trooper for putting up with all of the craziness that I bring home. Just to give you all an idea of my latest craziness---I have been suffering from major seperation anxiety (I blame the hormones!) and Raresh has been absolutely perfect throughout the whole thing. He's been really good about calling me, checking up on me, holding me, and telling me how hot I am. (What a sweet little liar I live with---hee hee hee) Thank you honey for all your love and attention. I couldn't have been blessed with a better best friend and life partner.

Charlotte, I only pray that if it's the Lord will---that He would bless you with a man just like your daddy. I can say with absolute certainty that your life would be a wonderful one if you found someone with even half of his qualities.

Well, that's enough rambling for now---just wanted Charlotte to have some of mommy's thoughts and remember, mommy and daddy love you so much and we pray for you all the time. Not only for your development and safe arrival but for your future. Please continue to be good and we'll see you in 16 weeks. I love you!

2 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

Very touching... I got a teardrop tatooed reading this post!

Can't wait to meet little Charo...

Linda said...

DaTZ rIGt, HOmEs!