Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Daddy loves to hear mommy sing...

Charlotte,
Do you have any idea how many people already love you?! A LOT! Mommy is going to have 3 different baby showers just for you. We have the Romanian church one, the Cerritos work one, and the close friends one hosted by Auntie Rachel. It is so nice to have so many close friends share in this amazing experience as well as helping mommy and daddy out with some much needed baby items and gifts for you!

Well, in preparation for the Romanian church shower, mommy had to come up with some hymns to sing during the event to help the evening flow from one part to the next (very commom for a Romanian church shower). I figured I needed your daddy's input for this task. As we were going through the Romanian song book we have at home, I started singing the songs to your dad to remind him of which ones they were. We picked out 4 for the evening that truly are our favorites. Then out of the blue your daddy says to me, "I love listening to you sing!" How cute is that? Between you and me I think he's a little biased but it's still nice to hear that daddy thinks I'm talented in that way. Honestly, honey I hope you'll like mommy's voice. I've been singing to you for a while now and I'm not quite sure if you like the sound or if you're begging for me to stop. I guess we'll see when you get here. Daddy also reminded me that before we were married I sang to him once. (I can't believe I forgot I did that---I must have loved your daddy longer than I let on to let down my guard and sing to him.)
Just for the record and in case you ever wonder my favorite songs that I've been singing to you are:
  • Be Thou My Vision (an Old Irish Hymn)
  • In Christ Alone (a more popular one--Even the Newsboys have a version of that song) and
  • Cand Isus Hristos ma Mantuit (my favorite Romanian hymn of all time!)
I'm sure one day, you'll hear these songs and you'll automatically love them because mommy has been singing them to you for so long. I can't wait to teach you these songs so you can sing them to daddy. If he loves my voice---he'll just melt when he hears yours!

I love you sweetie...8 more weeks to go!

2 comments:

johnsonandjohnson said...

Be Thou my vision is such a great song---such a great prayer for parenthood too! I hope you have fun at your showers! I can't believe it is already just 8 weeks! Oh, how your life will change in so many ways. It's fun to finally see all of those kicks you have been feeling in action. Emily is just sitting in her exer-saucer kicking away right now...it's so fun!

Raluca said...

I want to hear you sing Cind Isus Cristos ma mintuit all upbeat like they sing it in the church :-)