Monday, March 1, 2010

Your daddy is... simply put...AWESOME!

My mother-in-law bought Charlotte a little gray fleece vest from Old Navy back when she was about 9 months old. Let me take a moment and paint a picture for you all---

Vests are a big deal to most Romanian grandparents and this is why...

A child can easily wear it over his or her clothes and this will ensure that the child won't feel a draft on their lower back. You think I'm kidding???I am not. My mom wears one often and she loves when I sport my adorable and trendy vest. When I drop off my little sweet pea in the morning, the first thing my mom and my mother-in-law do is put on her vest. This vest is a staple in her baby bag. I never leave home without it (per the grandmothers requests) As I mentioned before, she's had this little puppy for months and is still able to wear it because it's a size 18 months.

Well tragedy struck 2 weeks ago when the precious little gray fleece vest got a busted zipper. Charlotte doesn't mind appeasing the grandma's and wearing her little vest ---but like any kid she won't keep it on if it isn't zipped and since the zipper was broken the vest wasn't worn as it was in it's hay day.

So this weekend...I went to my sweet little nephew's second birthday party with Charlie bug and daddy stayed home resting before he had to leave for work. When I arrived home after the party (Raresh was long gone) I noticed her little gray fleece vest on the table complete with brand spanking new SNAPS attached in the place of where the zipper was.

I literally laughed out loud at the amazing, talented, creative hubby that I have. We can add this little number to the many many things he's created for me. (The nursing bra---a CLASSIC, the shawl, the remote holder on my eliptical machine, adding many many tags to Charlotte's favorite blankie and now the little gray vest).

That vest will forever be treasured and never given away. Oh Charlotte...the things your daddy does for you and me to show us how much he loves us. And to my precious little boy...I just can't wait until you meet your dad. He's going to teach you so many wonderful things and he'll be such a perfect example for you in the hubby and daddy department.

How can I not want more kids with this man?