Thursday, February 28, 2008

Daddy painted mommy's toenails...

I'm sure Daddy will be very upset that I'm writing about the pedicure he gave me but the story is just too cute! The other night I busted out some sandals that are still wearable and I noticed mommy's toe nails needed new polish and bad. I'm normally so good about that stuff but with trying to save money and getting very tired and winded I haven't had the desire to polish my toenails. So I ask your dad if he would be interested in helping me out (figuring he'd be like---no way). Much to mommy's surprise--he said, "Okay." So I get as comfy as I can and he gets one cotton ball and soaks it in nail polish remover and gets to work. (Notice I said--one cotton ball--I had to tell him it's okay to use more than one!) I also notice that he doesn't seem to be enjoying himself so I try and lighten up the mood by telling him that this doesn't feel like a salon experience. So what does my very funny hubby do? He busts out the best nail lady impression I've ever heard from a man. "Why your nail like dat?!?" "Put foot hea!" "Pick colo" (you get the idea) I was cracking up! We settle back down and after he finishes the removal of old nail polish he asks what color I would like (without the funny accent--that didn't last long)...needless to say I'm glad I chose a light color because his polishing skills are not quite where they should be. I couldn't help but giggle at the method he chose to get this little task done. If you can picture someone sponge painting a wall---you're picturing what he was doing. Instead of taking the brush and stroking the nail from the bottom to the tip of the nail he was dabbing at my nail in all directions. (Bless his little heart!) So--I have spared you the picture of my toes because all in all they don't look half bad--considering his method and really--who wants a close up picture of feet? (even feet as cute as mine!) Well, that's just one more example of how helpful daddy is throughout this whole adventure. Thank you honey for your attempt at a pedicure---Practice makes perfect!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yu suck yo finga? Caca nail.