Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Daddy's thoughts via mommy's writing---


The other night your daddy shared some thoughts with me about how he's feeling about your arrival. I thought you would like to know what he's been thinking. At first he mentioned how he can't wait to smell you. (That baby smell--not the poo poo smell is so intoxicating!). A few nights later he mentioned that he can't wait to be on the couch watching his History Channel with you asleep on his chest. (I practically melted--I can just picture it!). Then the most surprising thought he shared with me was that he dreads the day you say you hate him because you don't get your way. We both know it's inevitable that you will one day be angry with us or with our decisions but just know this; We love you so much and want to protect you. The Lord entrusted us with such a huge responsibility and blessing and we just want to raise you in such a way that would please God. Hopefully one day you'll understand that! As for your awesome daddy, I know you two will be very close. You will just love him! He's so smart, very creative, funny, and works so hard to make mommy happy. Although---this picture doesn't really look like it does it?? (Note for mommy---take more pictures of daddy!)



2 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

I share some of the same desires, excitements and fears that Raresh feels. I dread the "I hate you Dad" comment that you know will come at some point in their life.

I guess you have to try your hardest to not take it so personally as long as you're always putting your children's best interests first and not intentionally doing them harm.

Hopefully, eventually they'll come to the realization you were really doing things which intended to benefit them and not just to hassle them and "cramp their style"

So many things to think about, who knew being a parent would be such a challenge!

Linda said...

Amen to that brotha! (Who do I think I am DESMOND??)