Wednesday, May 14, 2008

First Bath

Today we were able to give Charlotte her first official bath because that darn umbilical cord thingie finally fell off. Woo hoo---the sponge baths were working okay but both mommy and daddy were eager to give her a real honest to goodness bath. It was quite an adventure. First we tried to use her bath time seat and as you can see from the photos below that didn't turn out too well. We expected she would be miserable during her first bath but we didn't expect...


POOP! Below you can see our little surprise. Not to worry-- Mommy and daddy acted quickly. We drained the water out of the tub---cleaned everything off and tried the follow idea.
Option 2 involved using her little inflatable tub---that worked a little better.
See how alert she is. It looks like she is starting to like this.
She seemed to be getting used to the feeling of the water and was doing great. I see a future swimmer in our midst.
Then I was able to get a quick shot of her in her little towel. She was done by the end of the whole production.


A few notes about her first bath--first off---it was wayyy to hectic. We had too many accessories we wanted to use and we tried to make it fun by putting her in out big tub. Next time, we will use her bathroom which has a much smaller tub and I think it will work much better.


For those of you wondering why Raresh is playing Mr. Mom and why I'm not the one getting my hands wet and dirty giving her a bath--well, let's just say, Mommy has her issues right now and Daddy is being very helpful. Also, we all know that I'll be doing most of the baths anyway so it's nice for him to help out when he can.

3 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

I love it!!

Rachel said...

That's just lovely! Cute little CJ!

I can't wait to see her on Sunday!

Sarah C. said...

Thank you for sharing those pictures with us. I don't think I can say it enough of how cute she is.