Thursday, May 1, 2008

My new little family

Hi all---sorry for not updating the blog a little sooner. I'm sure you can all understand why. Here is a little taste of what's been on my mind. First off--I've already changed so much. Case and point---I swore I would never post a picture of me in that horrid hospital gown, without make up and without my fake hair piece (yes I did bring my crazy wiglet to the hospital but I couldn't bring myself to putting it on---I was certain the nurses would think I've lost my mind.) ---and looky here...what am I wearing but that lovely moo moo! Second, my hospital experience was truly an adventure (surprised??? probably not!)--I had excellent care and a wonderful support system. Raresh was great! Not once did I want him to shut up or get away. He was cracking me up (once I had the drugs of course---nothing was funny before then.) He also has said that he was surprised at how great I did. I mean anyone who knows me would say I'm quite the drama queen and he was happily surprised at how calm and cool I was through it all. Finally--one more quick thought and then I'm off to catch a little shut eye---Anyone out there still not completely convinced to get the Epidural---let me just say, "Don't be stupid--get the darn thing. No one will think less of you if you do get that glorious drug and I can guarantee you---no one will think more of you if you choose to be in pain. I realize there are circumstances when you can't get the drug in time or something but if you willingly choose to suffer---well then, you're just weird!

Thank you all for you love and support. I've got some great pictures that I'll download later.

Did I even mention how good little Charlotte is? She's seriously a very easy baby so far. I know you're thinking...how easy can she be when you're up at like 4am writing---but trust me---if I had a fussy baby--the blog would probably never get updated.

She also looks like daddy and he's quite proud of his little girl.

Nighty night--for a couple of hours anyway.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a beautiful family!! I am so happy for you guys!

And wow, blogging at 4am - impressive!

Love ya!!

Raluca said...

Yes, the Epidural is awesome; I agree w/you 100%. I know I've said this before, but do you go to the dentist and get a root canal w/o the drugs? I'm glad it went well. See you soon. R.