Sunday, July 20, 2008

Black Monday

Don't worry mommy was crying, too!

Well, tomorrow is my first day back at work and of course I'm bummed. This week was bad. I was very emotional and quite upset about the whole thing. I knew I would be. I can't stand the thought of leaving her for one minute but it has to be done. I've been trying to focus on the postives and it really does help. I'm only going back 3 days a week for a 3 month trial period and when I am at work she'll get to spend time with both of the grandmas. It really is the best situation when I sit back and think about it. I just wanted to let Charlotte know that although I'm sad that my time at home has come to an end I will always remember this time as the best time in my life. I will never ever forget the joy that I experienced with her and Raresh during the beginning of her life. It will only get better from here.

I love you Charlotte and I am so blessed to be able to leave you in good hands while I'm at work.

4 comments:

johnsonandjohnson said...

Oh Linda, I KNOW what you are talking about. It truly is the hardest thing. At least you do have grandparents to help instead of sending her to a "stranger" like I did. You'll be able to call and check in on her as much as you like and you'll know that her caretaker loves her so much too!

I struggled a lot with mother's guilt on this and my dad reminded me that it isn't necessarily the quantity of time, but the quality. I have seen Emily flourish in her environment, but when I get to be home with her---I LOVE IT!!!! I know that it will be a difficult transition, but you can do it. If you ever want to talk about it, let me know! I am a good shoulder!

Linda said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement and for the offer to give me your shoulder. It means a lot to me. So far I only teared up once when I left home. I am sitting here at my desk and it feels like I've never left. I can't wait to see my little funny face when I get home. Thanks again.

Aranne and Dan said...

Hey there Linda.. I don't know if you remember me but I found your site from Lindsay's. I just wanted to say hi and tell you that your daughter is adorable. Hope all is well and that you and your hubby are doing good. Stop on by and say hello if you get a chance. Good to see you and know what has been going on since high school!

Natalie said...

I'm sure it was hard but I know the grandma's will be cherishing their three days a week too.