Friday, January 30, 2009

If you have 10 minutes to kill...

Visit the Orange County Zoo in Irvine Park!

You seriously only need 10 minutes. It's that small. Please don't confuse this adorable little zoo with the Santa Ana zoo---this is even smaller than that one!

But it did have some impressive animals.

2 Mountain Lions
2 Bears
1 Eagle
1 Ocelot
1 Bobcat
Goats
Deer
Birds
and that's about it.

The entire park is gorgeous. They have a couple lakes, a train that goes all around th park, horseback riding, a zoo, wonderful trails for walking or biking, paddle boats you can rent, picnic tables and benches and beautiful trees all around. So relaxing and peaceful. I highly recommend a visit to Irvine Park.

Now on to some photos.

I started by taking a few shots of daddy and Charlotte. (How precious)
Then I realized we need a family shot---so I began my favorite ritual of squeezing together and snapping the shot myself. ---I'm normally pretty good at these shots but that day---something was terribly off. Notice in the first few that mommy and daddy look okay but Charlotte is not cooperating---so I insist we keep trying. And this is where the fun begins. Enjoy...

The first one we took actually ended up being the best one---although Charlotte looks weird in it.

The second one is better one of Charlotte (I guess) but now Raresh is not cooperating.

The third one I apparently decided Raresh's eyes and nose aren't even necessary and Charlotte is now very mad that I took that tube she was chewing on out of her mouth.Raresh's reaction to me cutting him out of the previous photo apparently made me laugh---and laugh hard---As you can tell I'm totally cracking up about it...Raresh looks great and Charlotte's looking for her chew toy.Ooops---there I go again...(notice the chew toy is back)By now--we're all done...so this was the last one we attempted. Not the greatest but I'll take it.

Oh are you wondering where the shots of the animals are???---

That wasn't really my priority but just to appease you animal lovers...here you go. Happy now?


3 comments:

Rachel said...

People just don't realize the amount of time and effort is takes to capture the perfect group shot - I love the progression of pics!

Lindsay Marie said...

I love Irvine Park! It is beautiful and so is your adorable family! Cute pictures!!

Michelle said...

This is a great zoo but an even better park - of course you will enjoy it ore when she can walk and actually enjoy the natural surroundings.

We were just there with moms from church and soe of my discipleship girls. A good day had by all!

Good choice!