Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year...a new challenge

This 2009 I am asking for prayer from my dear friends and family. I have a few things on my mind that I want to accomplish and I figure by writing it down, I can reflect on it later and see how I'm doing.

Some goals and plans of action.
1. I want to memorize scripture.
My plan of action: I will learn the weekly bible verses given in our church bulletin.

2. I want to be a better wife.
Plan of action: Pray for Raresh more, support his work and be more understanding of his long hours. Cook more and pack his lunches. Speak kindly to him, submit to him, and tell him what a wonderful provider he is and how every day God gives me with him is a gift words can't measure.

3. Be a better mommy.
Plan of action: Pray for Charlotte's needs now and for her future needs. Stick to the routines I've made for her. Sing to her more. Read to her more. Play with her more. Not allow the long days and tiredness to cause me to miss out on the fun and joy she brings to my life.

4. Balance time with family, friends, work, chores and me time.
Plan of action: Family--The days Raresh doesn't work are family days.
Friends--The days he does work is the time I schedule time with friends.
Work--Wake up and go--and try to find the joy in it.
Chores--Take advantage of Raresh's willingness to help around the house.
Me--Once Charlotte is asleep, pamper myself.

5. Forgiveness
Plan of action: First off, I need to forgive myself for the days I don't complete everything on my list. I need to remember, some days are really hard and I need to stop focusing on what I didn't accomplish but on what I did.

6. I don't want to work full time.
Plan of action: Save! Save! Save! and pray that the Lord would provide a way for me to work less, work from home some of the time, or stop working altogether. Be patient and consistent in prayer about this.

7. and most importantly---I want to live my days as if Jesus is returning today.
Plan of action: Choose my words carefully, love and forgive those that are hard to love and forgive, eliminate the things that don't build me or someone else up. Tell others about Jesus.

I realize these are huge things to accomplish but #5 is going to get me through the days I don't do so well. (How smart of me to include that #5, huh?)

What do you want to do this year?

2 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

I applaud your very humble resolutions and will be praying for you!

Michelle said...

Any goal is a good goal!

I think your list is fabulous and well worth the effort.

Remember to bathe it all in prayer and to allow the Lord to lead you as HE WILLS - even if that means changing some things.

He is always faithful and you will be blessed regardless.

Yea for you, Linda!