Thursday, January 8, 2009

A New Year's Challenge...definitely underway

I wanted to give you all a quick update on how my New Year's challenge is coming along. It's been a few days since I posted and here's how it's going.

1. I memorized the first 2 verses for 2009. The first is John 16:33---"These words I have spoken to you that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world!"
I also learned Ephesians 5: 1-2--- "Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love as Christ also has loved us and gave Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifce to God for a sweet smelling aroma." (Just for the record these verses were both typed from memory. Woo hoo!)

2. Being a better wife---well, I haven't packed his lunches this week but I did send him loving and supportive texts and spoke kindly to him.

3. Being a better mommy--I fought through all the tiredness and enjoyed my evenings with Charlotte.

4. Balance--I accepted Raresh's help in cleaning the house which gave me more time to take care of other errands. This past weekend I managed to balance time with family, friends, and I even polished my fingernails. I feel that's pretty good balance for this week.

5. Forgiveness--I didn't beat myself up (too much) for not doing everything I set out to do in this challenge. I know every day is a new beginning.

6. Working less--No change there but I'm still being positive about it and I'm learning to be faithful in prayer and patient in waiting. Key word is learning. I'm having a rough Monday morning.

7. Living each day as if it were my last--I didn't really do anything meaningful as if it were my last day, but I have been more aware of how short life is and I'm trying to make the most of the time I have. Having that awareness and reminding yourself of it, does help prioritize things.

One area I definitely need to work on is doing things that build people up not tear them down. I hope next week I can have better reports on this one.

Well, week one of 2009 turned out pretty good. I'm grateful. Very very grateful.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good job!

Now you only have 51 weeks to go! hehehehehe

(see your original post on this for my original comments.)

PS - EVen if Raresh gets called into work, still come to the picnic at our house - it is better than being home alone, right? :o)